Lets read on…
Airport Facts & Figures:
- Became the first ever Privatized Airport in India in the year 2006 led by GVK Infrastructure
- Is awarded as the BEST DOMESTIC and INTERNATIONAL airport in 2011-2012
- Caters to 30 million passengers (Both Domestic and International)
- Is regarded as the second busiest Indian Airport across India in terms of passenger and cargo after New Delhi IGI Airport
- The growth rate of this particular airport itself is 14%
Services & Facilities Offered:
- Free Wi-Fi service is offered by CSIA Domestic and International Terminals. All you need to do is open your internet browser and type in any web address. This will then take you to a registration page where you need to add your information. Then you are good to go to surf net speeds upto 1Mbps or even more.
- Shopping at 250 Stores across the entire airport, ranging from foreign brands to local brands that offer exciting offers and discounts. These stores are open 24X7 a year.
- Food & Drinks facility. This is one facility every traveler wants on Airports. Well, CSIA domestic and international terminal is equipped with the best available food stalls and porsche restaurants and personalized Bars too. They have the KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Sports Bar by Kingfisher, Signature Bar, Tandoori Nights Restaurant & Bar, Irish Coffee, Cafe Star Bucks, and many more. So the next time, your flight is late, be sure to visit these facilities
- Spas & Salons. Relax, rejuvenate and re-charge your senses before your flight or after you had a hectic flight. Both are available. Just go for it!
- The Flight Schedule, No matter where you stand on the CSIA airport, you will always find a Flight Schedule monitor that will show you the updates of latest flights on both Departure and Arrivals.
- Smoking Rooms are also available on Domestic and International Terminals. Though smoking is injurious to health, CSIA has made this facility available for its Domestic and International passengers
- Airline Lounges. This is dependent upon Airline to airline, but CSIA offers airline lounges for its passengers with enormous amount of facilities like Business Class Lounge, Economy Class Lounge, Separate meals for Business and Economy class passengers, and much more
- The Kiosk Check-in counters. This was awarded the best facility in 2010 since it reduced passenger waiting time upto 50%. Hence CSIA made it mandatory on both its Domestic and International Terminals to place Kiosk counters.
- Forex Services. The best in its class of service, CSIA offers best exchange rates with guaranteed currency notes. No fake business at all
- Inter-Terminal Transfer. Have a connecting flight which is 2 terminals away from your arrival terminal ? No worries, CSIA provides inter-terminal transfers through special Air-conditioned Volvo Buses with luggage facility for its passengers every 5 minutes
- Special Needs Passengers: Free of cost services are provided to passengers who are in need of wheel-chair, or other assistance. All one needs to do is inform the airline official at the check-in counter (Before flight) or inform the Airline crew (Before landing) and this service will be availed.
Do’s & Dont’s At the CSIA Airport
- Do not litter anywhere inside the airport premises or you will be fined up to INR 5,000/-
- Do use the Airport Information Counter if you need any assistance
- Do not take photos inside the international terminal without prior permission of the Airport Authority. Taking pictures may be prohibited.
- Do make use of Airport Kiosk service to check in to your airline in case if there is a long queue at the airport
- Do not leave your baggage unattended
- Do keep a look out for inter-terminal transfers which goes every 5 minutes
Basic Information For First Time Air Travelers
- Always arrive 3 hours prior to your flight time, whether you are traveling within India or abroad
- When you enter the airport premises, always check the Terminal Name and Number where your Airline is scheduled to arrive/depart. This information is also found in your Air-ticket print-out
- At the main entrance of the airport, always check your flight schedule and timings to make sure it is on time or delayed
- Always keep your air-tickets and Original Photo ID Proof ready for inspection at the main gate of the Airport Entrance
- Once inside, find your Airline counter and complete the check-in procedure by sending your luggage screened to the luggage area and receiving your Boarding Pass
- Next, on your boarding pass is mentioned the Gate Number where your Flight will arrive
- Simply follow the Gate number procedure, or ask the Airline check-in crew to guide you to your gate
- Next comes the immigration and security procedure before you enter your gate
- Show your air-ticket and Passport/ID to the immigration and security counters and get it stamped
- Finally you enter the boarding gate to board your flight to your destination
Ace Tours offers its Customers with exciting deals and packages to travel to this wondrous and lustrous destination in a very reasonable budget. Contact Ace Tours right now to avail the best offers according to your budget.